These days most markets are closed due to the Corona epidemic. Not only this, the food available in the market is also not considered safe. Maybe you also want to taste some delicious street-style snacks after the epidemic is over, but it may not be possible for you to wait so long. What if we say that you can break the chain of coronavirus by staying at home as well as calm your test bud. Yes, you read it right! Today we have brought you the recipe of Aloo Tikka which you can make at home. Prepared using baby potato, yogurt, and some Indian spices, you can make it for your evening tea and enjoy sitting with the family.
The tangy and spicy flavor of this tikke can increase your taste manifold with mayonnaise, sauce, chutney and even any dip of your choice. Aloo tikka is very easy to make and you don’t have to work too hard for this. So, today we are telling you in this article how you can prepare it-
• 250 g Baby Potatoes
• Half a cup of thick curd
• 3 tablespoons low fat cream
• 1 tbsp gram flour
• 2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
• Half a teaspoon celery
• 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
• Half a teaspoon garam masala powder
• 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
• 1 tsp coriander powder
• Half a teaspoon Kasuri Methi
• One-fourth teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 drop of Orange Food Color Extract (optional)
• Black salt, as required
• 3 tablespoons oil for frying
• oil to brush
• First wash the baby potatoes thoroughly. Make sure that there is no soil on it.
• Next, add washed potatoes to the pressure cooker and cook a whistle half.
• Once the potato is half cooked, strain the potato so that there is no water left in it.
• Now let the half-cooked baby potatoes cool down a bit. Now peel them and keep them aside.
• Now take a mixing bowl and add half a cup of thick curd to it.
• After this, ginger-garlic paste, celery, 2 teaspoons Kashmiri red chilli powder, half a teaspoon garam masala powder, 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, half a teaspoon crushed Kasuri methi, one fourth teaspoon turmeric powder, Add required black salt. After this mix everything well.
• Now add 3 tablespoons low fat cream and one tablespoon gram flour. Now mix it well.
• If you wish, you can also mix orange food color in it. However, this is completely optional. Now mix it very well.
Taste the marination and add salt and spices if necessary.
• After this, put half-sprinkled baby potato in the yogurt marination. Mix well and allow the mixture to remain for at least 1 hour.
• You can either bake potato tikka in the oven or deep fry it in the pan.
Tandoori Potato Grilling Method
• Once you have set the marinated baby potatoes for 1 hour, then apply them on a square.
• Place the squared baby potatoes in a tray.
• After this, preheat the oven at 250 degrees for 10-15 minutes and then cook the potatoes in it.
• You have to grill the baby potato for 5-10 minutes at the same temperature.
• When you are baking the potatoes, make sure that you flip the potatoes in between to bake from both sides.
Pan frying method of making Tandoori Potatoes
• Heat 3-4 tablespoons oil in a pan.
• Once the oil is hot, deep fry the marinated baby potatoes.
• Make sure to deep fry them on both sides. You fry it until the marinated potatoes are crisp, golden and cooked from both sides.
• After frying, take out the fried potato tikka on a kitchen towel or tissue paper.
Garnish the potato tikka with some onion rings, lemon juice, chopped coriander and chaat masala.
• Serve potato tikka with chili sauce, shejwan sauce or mint sauce.
People – 4
• Calories – 77 calories
• Fat – 3.8 grams
Protein – 1.2 grams
Carbohydrate – 9.5 grams
Fiber – 1.4 grams